As the editor of the Quarterly Review I would like to personally encourage all writers, aspiring and published authors, to join a writing group. There is nothing better to improve your writing than to have other writers give you constructive feedback on a regular basis. To that end the Quarterly Review will help Silver City writers start a new group each quarter. In addition, we will list here on this page the groups created including a short description, when and where it meets and if it is open to newcomers.
This is how the group creation process will work:
- The first two months of each quarter will be open enrollment for a new group
- Writers can join the group by sending an email to us at the Quarterly Review
- We will send out a group email at the end of the enrollment to everyone who joined
- An introduction meeting will be scheduled in the following week
- Someone from the Quarterly Review will attend and chair the introduction meeting
- Details such as meeting time, length and frequency, group format and location will be decided
- The second meeting will be at the decided time and be a walkthrough of the first writing group. Someone from the Quarterly Review will attend and facilitate
- After that you are on your own.
- Groups can decide when and if they want to close to newcomers
- Updates to group meeting times, open status and format will be kept on this page
- Writers looking for a writing group can either contact an existing open group or join the new group that quarter
|Group Name||Meets||Format||Contact email||Status|
|SCQR Editorial Board||Sundays 4PM Javelina Coffee House||Write before / critique in group||d.chris.lemme@ gmail.com||Closed|